Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Little Things

"Be Kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." T.H. Thompson and John Watson

This quote sticks out in my mind lately. It seems as though many members of the Peru 17 group are dealing with something less than pleasant as of late. In times like these, I think the little things become so much more significant and meaningful. 

Last Sunday I was on the beach picking up seashells to use for a future craft project. A random stranger approached me and showed me her palm full of seashells. She said two words, "an exchange." Then she gave me one of her shells, and I gave her one of mine. We smiled and continued on our ways. It was pleasant. 

A favor: Do something nice today. Por favor. Someone could use your kindness. And kindness is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment