Friday, July 6, 2012

Pacasmayo (Half) Marathon


Soooo... I didn't run the Pacasmayo Marathon as I had hoped to, but I ran the half. After seeing the course, I'm pretty glad I didn't run the full. It was a hot, hilly, barren course with very little crowd support. If I change my mind though, there's always next year I suppose. 

BUUUTTT, I did run the half and had a great time doing it. I may be running slow these days, but at least I'm consistent. I ran this one 21 seconds faster than the Lima Half I ran in May. Haha. It was fun. The course was really pretty. Even though it was tough and hilly, I loved running along the beach and through the hills to Jequetepeque and back. And I got to run it with a bunch of awesome volunteer friends, which was great. 

BONUS- I got to help out a couple of my friends who were running their first full. Because there was no crowd support in the toughest part of the course (miles 20-26) I ran out into the desert with Ali, then stayed there and waited for her and Keren to come back around. I ran back with both of them at different times and was able to grab some water and stuff for them. It was really fun helping to pace/ motivate, and just being a familiar face, literally, in the middle of an empty desert. I love races. I'm so proud of those two. They trained at 9,000 feet to run 42 kilometers on a windy, hilly, hot, desert course. BADASS. Glad I got to share their first full with them :) 

I kind of hate this picture of me finishing, but it's all I have, so here it is. 




Finishing the 21K


Our group, from left: 
Amanda, me, Ali, Sue, Keren, Zack, Amanda Rodgers, and her boyfriend Justin. 
So proud of everyone! 

Ooooohhhhhhhh, I have new pictures! Until I am able to write you a new post, enjoy some more pics from race day. Thank you Kelsi Ward and Kim Ayers for the photos. 


Pre-race photo. 
White shirts are for the 10K, green for the 21K.
La Libertad ladies- Erin, me, Gina (our volunteer for the day :), Amanda, and Kelsi 


Damn hill. 


Post-race beer! Wouldn't be race day without it. 
It was so big and I was so tired I couldn't even finish it. Lol. 
Oh, and the matching outfits were a total coincidence. 






No comments:

Post a Comment