Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Few Days

Hello again,

Sorry for the lack of posts in recent days. It has been one week since I bid adieu to my beloved Yosef and the parents, then took off for DC, then Lima a few days later. So much has happened in the past week that it is tough to decide exactly what is blog worthy. Last week was a blur of travel and informational sessions. It has been great getting to know the people in my group. Their personalities, experiences, and overall awesomeness are great to experience and be a part of. After a few very long days, we arrived and began our journey at a charming retreat center outside of Lima. Situated in a valley, we quickly realized how beautiful Peru is. The scenery, combined with the support and enthusiasm of the staff here, reminded me of how very lucky I am to be here. I feel fortunate to be a part of such a strong program in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The food here is very good so far. I am getting spoiled as a vegetarian, as I did in Spain. This morning my breakfast was a whole avocado, bread, and a glass of fresh pineapple juice. Nom. I got lucky with an awesome host family for the first couple of moths during training. I have little host brothers who I really enjoy spending time with. My first day included about 2 hours of go fish and sine then I've watched 'Los Simpson' every night at 8 and 8:30 ;) Too bad Sal isn't here with me to enjoy that. 'Los Simpson' seems to follow me to every Spanish speaking country I go. lol. Tonight I went for my first run here and I have to say I am not sure what is scarier, navigating rocky dirt roads on the side of the mountain where I live, or trying not to get attacked by a dog. For those of you who know me, you'll know that dogs don't like me. I have no problem with them, but they don't like me. Anyway, I should wrap this up for tonight. I'll try to update this more frequently with less ramblings and more focussed thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

~B

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Los Simpsons. The best. La la la la la la! What does it all mean? :)

    I am jealous and wishing I was there with you... Stay safe, pet the stray dogs for me!

    ReplyDelete