Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun Facts: Week 2

On Food-

Love: Arroz Cubano
Like: Copious amounts of avocado, aka palta. Nom! Palta sandwiches for breakfast. Paltas in my lunchbox everyday. Paltas everywhere. Thanks Peru :)
Growing On Me: Inca Kola. What can only be described as liquid bubble gum. If Dr. Meer knew that this was passing through my mouth, he would surely blacklist me from the Forward Dental patient list. 

On Being a Gringa-

Number of times I have been asked to pose for a photo with a local or their children- 4
Number of times I have been asked if I am from Canada- 3
Number of times I have vehemently denied being from Canada- 3
Number of times I have heard "Viva Obama" or "¡Si Se Puede!"- At least 5 

On What I learned this week-

Peruvians like food, music, dancing, dressing up in costumes, and lighting things on fire. I'm totally in the right country. 

Arroz Cubano

No comments:

Post a Comment