Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beaches

Weekend of October 14-16, 2011

Friday: Puerto Malabrigo- Home to the longest wave in the world. 
Saturday: Huanchaco- Charming little surf town? Yes please. 
Sunday: Pacasmayo- Another surfing hotspot. Incidentally where I happen to watch football ;)

Just by happenstance, I found myself on three beaches in three days. Friday took me to my friend Erin's site about an hour from mine to help her with a dental project in which we gave fluoride treatments to her high school students. Conveniently, she pretty much lives right on the beach so I hung around her beautiful site for the afternoon, after eating some fresh ceviche, of course. 

Saturday we had our regional meeting in Trujillo and stayed in Huanchaco for the night, which was the perfect opportunity for some Peru 17 La Libertad crew bonding. 

Sunday was football day, so naturally I had to go to Pacasmayo for some NFL on the beach ;)

Rough life here in Peru : p 





No comments:

Post a Comment