Wednesday, August 15, 2012

July Recap


I don't have a lot to report on July. All of the big stuff has already been posted here: Pacasmayo 21K, July 4th party, week in Yanacoto (Lima), Field Based Training in La Libertad, and the jungle trip. All other items are detailed below, but I don't have much to report other than what you already know... 

-July was a lot cooler, thank goodness. It is finally comfortable and not unbearable hot around these parts. I actually really enjoy the "cold" weather here, it feels a lot like fall weather in Wisconsin. Cool, refreshing sweatshirt weather. 

-I am continually amused by the winter attire of the locals- big boots, puffy jackets, scarves. It's like 50 degrees here max, can't be any lower than that. When they see me in cardigans and light t-shirts they are like, "Where are you from, the North Pole?" Haha. 

-Piere still doesn't have front teeth. Its slightly concerning, but the image of his toothless grin is cute enough to not worry about the incoming teeth, however slow they may be. 

-The English classes that I am teaching in a neighboring town for kids ages 6-11 are going really well. We've been having a lot of fun and my students are great. 

-I've been spoiled with some great packages this month! One from Rachel and two from Bridget, it's been great. My host fam is loving the pictures and I am so grateful for the new stuff. New clothes from both of them! And socks! I am so lucky. Thanks you two :) 

-The Peru 15 group finished their service this month and headed back to the States or various other places for travel, work, and new adventures. I was sad to see them go, but because of everything they've done in their time here, I am proud to know them and am happy for them to get back to the States after their 2 years here. 

That's about all I've got for you for July. Like I said, most of the notable events from the month have been well documented here already. Hope you are all enjoying the lovely summer months in the States. Miss you! 



Thanks Rachel for the package!!! 
Can't wait to find a use for that Hello Kitty duct tape ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment