Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let It Snow!

Now that Piere is done with school for the summer, we've been spending some more quality time together. Because I am currently experiencing my first Christmas without any traces of snow anywhere, I decided to make my own. Piere was amazed by my creations. Really, amazed. If I had a camera, I'd make a video of his face when we open up the flake and he gets to see what it looks like. It's this little face of wonder and fascination, every time. I love it. I taught him to make his own snowflakes and he was delighted. This has been an activity that has hung around for days, which is saying a lot for a 6 year old. The "copos de nieve" also led to paper boats, paper hats, etc. Who knows what will come next. 

Here is the snowstorm in my room. The two on the bottom are Piere's. I only helped fold them when questions arose ("make a piece of pizza!"), all cutting and designing were handled by Little Man. 




Piere's first snowflakes 


PS- This is my 100th blog post. That's fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment