Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Away For Awhile...

Hey guys, 

Sorry I've been away from the blog for awhile. This has been a really busy time of year for me, with summer school classes winding down and school starting last week, things have been kind of crazy. On top of that, I had a Peace Corps training this past week which was really great for 2 reasons-



A- I got to take an awesome community partner with me and we had 3 days to plan our projects for the school year. Here she is being fantastic. I'm really looking forward to working with her and her colleagues on the project we have planned. More details to come when more time presents itself :)


B- I got to see some of my fabulous Peru 17 friends! Here we have Tina from way up North, and Richard from way down South. It was so nice seeing them again, meeting their community partners, and hearing about the great things they are doing in their sites. And don't worry Mom, I didn't make crazy face on the clock or in front of anyone of influence ;) 

Oh, and I guess there was a third perk I should mention- Ancash. For the third time in my almost nine months here (we'll have 9 months in-country this Saturday!), I spent a week in Ancash. The mountains alone are enough to make me happy about an Ancash visit, but what makes Ancash a nice place to be this time of year for me is the weather. Last week brought a very welcome break from the desert heat. I don't think I could handle the cold rainy wetness for a full rainy season, but a week of fun scarves and Smartwool socks was just long enough. 

The rest of this week and the one that follows are just as busy with meetings for the school year, a 2-day English workshop I'm holding for the high school English teachers of the province, and planning for the big giant project I started last weekend. So if the blog is blank for another week, I'm sorry. I'll do my best to keep you updated, but I'm sorry in advance if that doesn't happen ;) 

PS-This is random, but fun, so I will share. While I write this both host brothers are periodically coming in my room to show off their new school supplies that I missed out on seeing while I was away. Adorable. Missed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment