Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WORK

I have noticed that the blog is all about fun and doesn't say a lot about work. I can explain this a few ways:

A- Writing about work stuff feels like it's either complaining or bragging, neither of which I want to do on my blog. Sure, I brag about fresh fruit and beaches, but that's just showing off good fortune, not stuff I do, so that's different. 

B- Writing about the fun stuff is way easier and, obviously, way more fun. 

However, so that you all don't think I'm just hanging out in Peru on the taxpayers' dime, I figured it's about time to talk a little bit about what I'm doing here. 

I'm planning on making my next few posts work-related, mostly because I have been meaning to tell you about my summer school classes since they ended about a month ago, and I haven't yet. Before I get to new posts, though, I'll give you a little run-down on what it is that I've been doing so far and what I'm planning to fill my next 18 months with. 

A few of my projects so far-

-English teacher trainings for high school English teachers of my province (like a county).

-Summer school classes in English and art 5 days a week for 9 weeks.

-Working with the school district's Red Ambiental, which is like a club for student leaders to meet and discuss social problems. This one takes a lot of my time because it is a provincial project, but I love it. 

-Painting a World Map. This is something I started in November but got road blocked on. Hoping we can pick it up again soon. 

-Presenting/ teaching during the school hours on social/ health/ leadership themes. This is something I will be doing a lot more of this school year. 

-Right now I'm in the planning stages for large-scale recycling and sexual health education projects that I am planning to carry out with my school district's Red Ambiental. The Red gives me the structure of local committees made of health and education professionals who can help me execute activities throughout the school year in the schools and communities throughout the province. I hope the pile of meetings I've been having/ attending for all of this starts to show some fruits pretty soon. 

Anyway, that's a little preview for you. Each of the items I mentioned will be written about in the future in more detail. I just wanted to put this out there so you know that beaches and food aren't the only things I have been enjoying in Peru :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment