Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday at the Beach

I have been away for the past few weekends and was looking to spend some time in Ascope this weekend catching up with the host fam. Turns out, I picked a good weekend for it because today was beach day at our house. As the boys have recently gone back to school and the summer beach crowds are starting to thin, today was the perfect day for an escape to a neighboring beach town. This worked out well for me because I was coming off of a very long, busy, and stressful week. I will never turn down an invitation to the beach, but this weekend especially a trip to the beach was a very welcome idea. 

I will let the photos do the explaining, but it was pretty much the perfect beach day. I taught Piere how to make a killer sand castle, I learned how to catch some weird little shellfish (but was unsuccessful in actually getting one), I bobbed around the waves with Farid, helped bury Piere in sand, picked up a few baby jellyfish, and "guarded the stuff," which is actually just an excuse to lay in the sun whilst allowing the fam some bonding time in the water ;) I even had time to pop into Erin's house to say hi, because yes she is lucky enough to live right on the beach in this awesome town. 

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday, I must say ;)



Sand Construction 101


Baby jellyfish that we found on shore and returned to the sea :)


Little man and me with our creation.


The Sand Man. 


Wave jumping with Farid.


Erin LIVES here. Lucky duck. Oh, and she's from Wisconsin too :)


Sea creatures. We caught at least 50 of them to make ceviche. I held the bucket while they caught them.


Brothers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment