Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesday Times

Went to Lima today for a trip to the The National Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology, and History of Peru in the morning and an afternoon at the Peace Corps Headquarters in Surco. The day was a big win for me. Museum was bomb. I was in ceramic heaven. I saw things there that I had studied in the ceramics class I took in 2009 and had only ever read/ heard about. It was fabulous. Like living a page of National Geographic. It was a reminder of how cool Peru is, as if I would ever forget that- which I won't. The longer I'm here, the further I fall in love with this country. The area around the museum was really cute and confirmed my fandom of Lima. It's not the coolest city in the world, but it knows that and doesn't try too hard. Admirable. 

At the Peace Corps office I picked up my mosquito net and scored some floss off the medical officers. We got to meet some more staff members and learn some things about our program and further logistics. Cell phones are on the horizon... exciting news :) I am convinced the Peru program is one of the best. The more I see of it, the more I like it. The rate of volunteer extensions (for in-country service), the obvious staff satisfaction, and the way training has been run so far speaks volumes. 

After our business was tended to at the office, we made a quick run to Starbucks. It isn't a Lima trip without a latte ;) Great day. Good enough to blog about. Hope everyone's Tuesday back after the long weekend went by pain free. Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment