Saturday, October 6, 2012

Guess Who?


Randomly, I inherited a "Guess Who?" game from a volunteer who finished her service a few months after I started mine. This little gem has been an unexpected treasure and a surprising asset to my service so far. 
As he is with most things I do in my English classes, Piere was my guinea pig with this one, only this time it was an accident. We had been playing "Guess Who?" for awhile before he figured out how to really play, and since we reached that moment, he's been on fire. In the excruciating "figuring it out" process, I realized that this game is great for practicing colors, body parts, and the verb 'have.' So without Piere and his learning curve, I may have never discovered how perfect this game is for my little English beginners. 
I've been taking it to class for awhile now and the kids love it. The first time they saw it they were SO excited. They knew what it was from the commercials they always see for it on TV, but none of them had ever played it. Games and toys are kind of expensive here, so it seems like games like that are a special treat. It's been a slow struggle getting them to speak only in English while playing, but we're getting there. 
I even found some extra character sets online so we can switch between people, pets, monsters, and more. 
Glad this one fell into my lap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment