Thursday, October 11, 2012

Piere's Birthday: A Timeline


Piere turned 7 on October 2nd. The celebration lasted a week. Allow me to walk you through this step by step.

Monday, October 1st, 8:00pm: Little Man and I have a dance-off in excitement of the birthdays coming up. "Breet, only 16 more hours until it's my birthday!" The math was off, but I couldn't keep up with him. It was a different number all day, with no logic or reason at all.

Tuesday October 2nd, 7:06am: I wake up to give Little Man his gift before he goes to school, as promised. A bowling set. We had been playing with (disgusting) plastic bottles that got dirt and residual soda/ water/ bottle contents all over my room, so I thought he might like a nice set all to himself. Cleaner, cuter, quieter, and overall just more fun. He loved it and has been playing with it ever since. They pins are small enough he has been juggling with them too. Bonus!
 
 
Grandma Betty's 3D Dinosaur Video and Book gift :)
 

October 2nd, Noon: I come home for lunch to find Piere waiting for me to try out the new bowling set with him. He won.

October 2nd, 6:30pm: I make Piere a "Happy Birthday" poster for the party the following day. I lie and tell him it's for someone else until he sees the 'P' and gets so excited he's skipping. Ah, I love birthdays so much.

October 2nd, 9:30pm: Birthday dinner with the fam. Toasts were given, silly ties/ crowns were worn, pollo a la brasa (rotisserie chicken) was purchased for take out, and cake was had. The photos explain it all...


 
 

Wednesday October 3rd, 2:00pm: Party prep! About a dozen of the first graders from Piere's class were invited to celebrate that afternoon. Little Man and I decorated, cleaned, and got excited for a party :)
 
 

October 3rd, 2:30pm: After the decorations are up, Piere comes to my room and says, "Breet, did you really not prepare any games for my party?" Taken aback and kind of offended, I was like, "Was I supposed to?" And he says, "Breet, you are always making games for other kids in your classes, and I thought you'd do that for me for my party." Heart= melted. I asked what games he was thinking of and he said he wanted the donkey game he had seen on TV. About 30 minutes later and the donkey was on the wall. He made the tail. We didn't end up playing it at his party that day, but the donkey got it's moment at my party a week later ;)

October 3rd, 4:30pm: Party is in full swing. I, being 'tall,' am asked to hold the piñata while standing on a chair as the kids take turns beating at it. TERRIFYING.


October 3rd, 7:00pm: Party concludes and the kids return home exhausted. Dinner, snacks, drinks, and candy have been served. Games were played, the piñata destroyed, gifts given... party= success.

October 3rd, 8:00pm: Piere shows me all of the awesome gifts he received. I get jealous. He agrees to let me play with the laser gun and Ben 10 disc-shooting car... tomorrow. I'll take it :p

Thursday, October 4th: We clean the house and eat left over cake. I run 3 miles only to return home to a giant piece of cake on my nightstand waiting to be eaten. Birthday week was getting the best of me at that point.

Friday, October 5th: We have family discussions as to whether or not we should go to the arcade... this was Piere's initial birthday request, but then he ended up getting a party. Somehow Little Man worked his magic again and we ended up doing both the arcade and the party. Don't know how he does it.

Saturday, October 6th: Family day in Trujillo. Mall time, lunch at a restaurant, and finally, Coney Park, the largest and newest arcade in town. He. went. crazy. Please see photos...
 




So there you have it. Little Man is seven and the rest of the family is exhausted. But not so much that we couldn't celebrate my birthday too! More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment