Monday, June 4, 2012

Ordinary Things 5: PARTIES!!!


Peruvians know how to party. These past few months more than ever, I've been making the rounds with the birthday parties. This is one of those things that I think is best explained with photos, so here you have some nice shots of parties I've recently been too. 

The main things to know about parties here is that a.) they happen a lot b.) there will be dancing and c.) if you're lucky, you'll get an hora loca. ... oh, and the guest of honor gets birthday cake smashed into their face. FUN! 

What is an "hora loca?" Crazy hour! Balloons, dancing, sometimes a clown, and hats for all! 

And so I leave you to the good stuff... 




Jake knows what's coming...


...BOOM. 


Cumbia dance party! 


Poor Kati. Teddy really gets into the cake smash. 
He will not be on the guest list for my next cumple. 


I went to one of my community partner's husband's 40th birthday bash.
Passion fruit cake in his face. BAM! 


Hora Loca!!! 


Brian's cake attack. Kerri is always my partner in crime :) 


Hora Loca! 
Brian's party had actors :) 
Oh, and I hate that damn fake snow. I get blasted with it every time. 


Hora loca. With a Maypole. 


Erin's party. She had the best sign I've seen so far. 


A Roman Candle. For real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment