Friday, June 15, 2012

Tempus Fugit: One Year In


One year ago last Sunday, I was on a plane with 50 fantastic people to Peru. Time flies and I don't even really know what to say about the last year. So many things to say. Such a wonderful year. Flew by so quickly. 

I've thought about what to write about the one year mark, but I can't come up with anything I like. I could talk about what has changed. I could write some sappy emo account of the rush of feelings that hits you around the one-year anniversary. I could give you (another) bullet point list of random thoughts I have on this topic. But really, I don't feel like doing any of those things. I have changed and I haven't. Thinking about one year past and one year to come is emotional and it isn't all at the same time. And frankly, I don't think my thoughts on it are profound or entertaining enough for a quality blog post. 

Bottom line. I've been in Peru for a whole year now and that is awesome. I am so happy and fortunate to be exactly where I am and with the wonderful people I have around me. 

To celebrate, my fellow 17ers (17 is the number for our group who came last June) of La Libertad and I treated ourselves to some pizza at our favorite pizza spot in Trujillo, then each got a nice fancy drink at a hotel we can't afford with some free coupons one of us had. Perfect. I love those girls. In fact, I love all of Peru 17 and am really proud to see and hear what they have each been up to in the past year. 

So to commemorate via blog, I'd like to share a photo of the Youth Development crew of Peru 17 about a year ago during training. And yes, these are all typical faces for each of them to make. Congrats on one year everyone! 




No comments:

Post a Comment