Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 2

Day 2
23. Agosto. 2011
Tuesday

> Ate breakfast with abuela Betty and Tia Julie. They joked with me about eating fox. They said they cook it in the microwave. Because this is so ludicrous, I joked that, sure, you cook it in the microwave... with the fur and tail on and everything. They thought I was serious and are still making fun of me. Sarcasm is lost on this family.

>Maggie's friends came over to finish the diorama for Piere's school party. I colored and glued and helped where needed. Chatted when appropriate.

>Went to the school with Maggie and friends. Met/ bonded with the girls in Piere's class. It was love. They were so great and even gave me a big Minnie Mouse sticker. Then I met the director of the school. He invited me to meet with him tomorrow morning at 9am to discuss things I can help with, etc. WIN! Somewhere among these happenings, I was the center of everyone's attention and accidentally landed in a photo shoot which left me feeling like Santa Clause. One by one, every child whose mother had requested it had a picture taken with me. Even the moms wanted pics with me. I'm famous.

> Volleyball. I was bad. The moms loathed my presence on their skilled Peruvian court. We lost. Lo siento, new friends.

> Trip to Casa Grande with the fam to make purchases of candy for Piere's class party tomorrow and a new armoire for the fam. Market was interesting. Win! chatted with a man in the furniture store about Peace Corps and what I am doing here. G-ma Betty told him that her daughter adopted me for two years. He said he wanted to adopt me for life. Weird.

>No duck killing today. But I am told it will happen this week. The day before I arrived, 6 bunnies, 4 geese, and 2 cuys were born. The puppies that were born 2 weeks ago (during my site visit) are opening their eyes and starting to look less like cuys (guinea pigs).

No comments:

Post a Comment