Monday, October 10, 2011

Week of Sep. 19-23

This was a week of planning for the following week. Lots of preparation for my English class and Red Ambiental meeting happened that week. I was also working with the tutoria director at the high school doing dance sessions with her and meeting the students. She invited me to a 2 day training for a group of adolescents to learn how to promote reproductive health. Attending this was a really fun way to get to know some of the teens here and was a good opportunity for me to learn some local norms and technical vocabulary in this area (otherwise it would have been very annoying to have to look up anatomy and STD terms in Spanish ;) The session was put on by another NGO and was very well done. I was also able to meet some students of the private school and the nursing school in Ascope, which was great. Overall, an awesome event for me to be a part of.



No comments:

Post a Comment