Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sunday Blues

Day 21
Sep. 11. 2011
Sunday
Ran 10 miles. Three of my friends from home ran half marathons that morning and I was jealous. I haven't put down any distance since being in Peru. It was overdue. Got the distance, but kept it at a slow pace, so as to avoid shin splints or foot blisters. 9:40 pace overall. Slow, but Im ok with that. Tripped on a rock right before mile 9. Got up and finished strong with a dusty butt and a bloody scraped up leg. I say finished strong because it was one of my faster miles either because it was through town and I was getting stared at like crazy with a bloody leg, or because I just wanted it to be over. Lol Laid low for the rest of the day recovering from the run. Hung with Piere. Sunday afternoon was sad and lonely, as they usually are. I miss Joe so much. Football Sundays started that day and just as I was being all gloomy and homesicky, one of the guys of La Libertad called and asked if I would be interested in pitching in for a Direct TV Sunday Ticket package to watch American football for the season. Would I?!? Perfect way to avoid my Sunday blues. I quickly hopped on that wagon. As of next Sunday until the end of regular season play, I will be hitching a bus to Pacasmayo for some NFL in a bar on a beach with American friends. So excited.
After dinner that night, I showed my host fam pictures on my laptop. They liked it and I had fun. The kids (nieces/ nephews) are so cute and it was fun explaining their personalities to my host fam. They saw a picture of Blake stealing candy bars on Halloween and they loved him instantly. I'm glad I had a classic Blake moment on film to share with them the essence of one of my favorite kids in the whole wide world. The pictures contributed to the missing Joe, however. He's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment