Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Fun

Days 13-14
Sep. 3-4, 2011
Sat-Sun
Weekend in Trujillo!
Saturday morning in Ascope was really frustrating because Hans the internet guy came to our house and did not know how to work with a Mac. Boo. Discrimination to my poor little Apple friend. After almost breaking my phone because I was texting so furiously to release my anger I went to Trujillo, the capital of La Libertad for a nice relaxing weekend. Poor Joe, he was on the receiving end of those texts. lol. Hung with other volunteers. Took in some much needed internet browsing, English speaking, and quality time with Amanda Slack and Nicole. Slack turned 23 on Sunday. So glad I could celebrate with her!
Sunday brought a hot shower, a pancake breakfast, then some Starbucks and shopping followed by an afternoon of liberal internet use on Mac... which means Skype. Heaven.
Went to Plaza Vea and sprung for a jar of peanut butter at a price of 17 soles. It was worth every centimo.
Coming home to the host fam was nice. I gave them some things I bought for them in Trujillo: A shorter jump rope for Piere to have for his own, because he loves mine but gets it wrapped around his left foot all the time. Some Reese's peanut butter cups for Farid that I found at Plaza Vea...expensive but, again, worth the splurge. Snickers bars for the whole fam. Nutella and peanut butter to share. Nom. They were happy. I was happy to see them. It was nice. There was a very talkative dinner Sunday night upon my arrival. Fun times. I got lucky with my family :)
Note: the following day, Farid excitedly reported back to the family on how the peanut butter cups tasted. "It was like a sweet and salty cake, but it was pure sugar." Hehehe. I couldn't have described them any better myself. He loved them.


                                                                  Me*Slack*Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment